Thursday, September 3, 2020

What does the Bible say about the Holy Ghost?



What does the Bible say about the Holy Ghost?

John the Baptist spoke about the Holy Ghost.

"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:" - Matthew 3:11 KJV

John the Baptist was preparing the way for Christ – God manifest in flesh.

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

“John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me." - John 1:14-15 KJV

He said,

"I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias." - John 1:23 KJV

Isaiah prophesied of John the Baptist,

"The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God." - Isaiah 40:3 KJV

"And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost." - John 1:32-33 KJV

After Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection, and before ascending to heaven, Jesus spoke to His disciples.

"And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence." - Acts 1:4-5 KJV

On the Day of Pentecost, just as John the Baptist said, Jesus baptized them with the Holy Ghost and with fire.

"And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." - Acts 2:2-4 KJV

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment