Sunday, March 31, 2019


Who is Jesus Christ? He is all man and all God – the Spirit of God dwelling in this world in a temple of flesh, in the form of man.

As God, Jesus healed the sick, raised the dead, forgave sin, answered prayers, raised His body from the dead, and lives forever. (Mark 2:7, John 11:42, Romans 8:11, John 2:19-21, John 11:25, Revelation 1:18).

As man, Jesus was hungry, thirsty, tired, prayed, and died. (Matthew 4:2, Hebrews 4:15, John 19:28, Mark 4:38, John 16:3, Luke 22:42, Mark 15:37).

God made Himself a temple of flesh to place His name upon, to dwell among His people, and for sacrifice.

"Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." - John 14:10

"I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." - John 5:43

"Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me." - John 10:25

"Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage." - Hebrews 2:14-15

"But now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself." - Hebrews 9:26

"Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body." - John 2:19-21

No comments:

Post a Comment