Saturday, November 12, 2022

God relates to man – Part 5 The Hand of God - A Metaphor for God’s Power

                                                         


It appears that the hand of God is a metaphor for God’s power. Just as there is power in a man’s arm, by extension, there is power in a man’s hand, particularly a man’s right hand.

"And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go." - Exodus 3:20 KJV

"O Lord GOD, thou hast begun to shew thy servant thy greatness, and thy mighty hand: for what God is there in heaven or in earth, that can do according to thy works, and according to thy might?" - Deuteronomy 3:24 KJV

"But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments. And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them." - Exodus 7:4-5 KJV

"That all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD, that it is mighty: that ye might fear the LORD your God for ever." - Joshua 4:24 KJV

"And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let us fall now into the hand of the LORD; for his mercies are great: and let me not fall into the hand of man." - 2 Samuel 24:14 KJV

"And the hand of the LORD was on Elijah; and he girded up his loins, and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel." - 1 Kings 18:46 KJV

"And hath extended mercy unto me before the king, and his counsellors, and before all the king's mighty princes. And I was strengthened as the hand of the LORD my God was upon me, and I gathered together out of Israel chief men to go up with me." - Ezra 7:28 KJV

"The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly. The right hand of the LORD is exalted: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly." - Psalm 118:15-16 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment