Saturday, April 10, 2021

The Presence of God


 God said to Moses,

"My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest." - Exodus 33:14 KJV

Moses would not settle for less than God’s very presence.

"And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence." - Exodus 33:15 KJV

"For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth." - Exodus 33:16 KJV

When God was made flesh and dwelt among His creation, Jesus spoke again of His rest. In His new covenant, His presence would not just be with us, but be in us. (John 1:14, John 14:17, 1 Corinthians 3:16, Romans 8:9, Colossians 1:27).

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." - Matthew 11:28-30 KJV

We find this rest to be the Holy Ghost.

Isaiah prophesied,

"For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing..." - Isaiah 28:11-12 KJV (Acts 2:4, Isaiah 11:10, Romans 15:12).

Jesus promises to fill us with His presence, the Holy Ghost, when we yoke ourselves together with Him. His yoke is His covenant of baptism in Jesus name.

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." - Acts 2:38-39 KJV

 By His presence, we become separated unto God, “out of darkness into His marvellous light.” (1Peter 2:9).

"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." - 2 Corinthians 6:17-18 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment