Saturday, August 15, 2020

Paul said, I die daily - Putting his life at risk for the gospel on a daily basis

 

When Paul said I die daily he was not talking about repentance; he was talking about every day putting his life at risk of death for the gospel. 

"Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft. Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; in weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness." - 2 Corinthians 11:23-27 KJV

 "And why stand we in jeopardy every hour? I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily." - 1 Corinthians 15:30-31 KJV

 Thayer’s Greek Lexicon says, “I meet death daily, live daily in danger of death, 1 Corinthians 15:31, cf. 2 Corinthians 6:9.

 "But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, in stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; ... as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;" - 2 Corinthians 6:4-5, 9 KJV

 Paul was willing to risk his life on a daily basis because of his faith in the resurrection.

 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? ...Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 15:51-55, 58 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment