Friday, August 14, 2020

Part 18 I am baptized in Jesus name to take His yoke upon me

 

Part 18 I am baptized in Jesus name to take His yoke upon me

 

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30

 

The yoke of Jesus is His New Covenant.  When we yoke ourselves together with Him by baptism in His name Jesus, He promises the gift of His Holy Ghost rest.

 

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." - Acts 2:38 KJV

 

Isaiah prophesied,

 

"And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious." - Isaiah 11:10

 

When we receive His rest, we speak in another tongue.

 

"For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear." - Isaiah 28:11-12

 

The “acceptance of the yoke of the commandments” is the Covenant of the Law. For those who covenant to accept the yoke of the Law, they are given the gift to keep the Sabbath rest.

 

Jesus said, Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

 

When Paul and Barnabas reported to the apostles at Jerusalem the conversion of the Gentiles,

 

“There rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses." - Acts 15:5 KJV

 

Peter responded,

 

"Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" - Acts 15:10 KJV (Acts 15:11).

 

Paul later said,

 

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." - Galatians 5:1 KJV

 

Jesus said,

 

“My yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

 

“I will give you rest…Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me…and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”

 

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." - Acts 2:4

 

By taking the yoke of Jesus by baptism in Jesus name, we have the promise of the glorious rest and refreshing of the Holy Ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment