Wednesday, May 29, 2019


Lead me Jesus

When we turn from sin, take on the name of Jesus in baptism, and receive the Holy Ghost, we have God’s Spirit within us to teach, lead, and guide us.

Acts 2:38 KJV - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

We become God’s son. (John 1:12-13, Rom.8:15) We are led by His Spirit.

Romans 8:14 KJV - For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The Lord spoke to Abraham, and he listened, the Lord leading him out from his family and homeland to the land God promised him. (Gen.12:1-4, Heb.11:8)

Because Abraham allowed the Lord to lead him, he was greatly blessed.

Joshua 24:3 KJV - And I took your father Abraham from the other side of the flood, and led him throughout all the land of Canaan, and multiplied his seed, and gave him Isaac.

When Abraham needed a wife for his son Isaac, Abraham sent his servant on a mission back to his homeland to find a wife from his kindred.

Knowing what a monumental task this was and that he needed God to lead him, the servant prayed.

Genesis 24:13 KJV - Behold, I stand here by the well of water; and the daughters of the men of the city come out to draw water:

Genesis 24:14 KJV - And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master.

Before he had done speaking, Rebekah came out with her pitcher upon her shoulder. The Lord answered his prayer. Rebekah gave the servant to drink and then told him she would water all his camels. When the servant asked whose daughter she was, she was of the house of Abraham’s brother.

God had led the servant to the wife God had chosen for Isaac. (Gen.24)

Genesis 24:26-27 KJV - And the man bowed down his head, and worshipped the LORD. And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth: I being in the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master's brethren.

Just like the servant, we can ask God to lead us, in all we do. (Philippians 4:6-7)

Psalms 25:5 KJV - Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Psalms 143:10 KJV - Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness [forward on a firm footing].

Psalms 61:2 KJV - From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment