Wednesday, May 22, 2019



It’s not how we start the race, it is how we finish it.

Apostle Paul wrote to Timothy, his son in the faith,

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing." - 2 Timothy 4:7-8

We must not let the pain and regrets of the past bog us down, but rather keep focused on our new life and the love and joy we now have in Jesus. (Acts 2:38-39).

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:13-14 KJV

Paul gave counsel and encouraging words, instructing it is a necessity that we have self-control. If we want to be saved, we must not give into the lusts of the flesh – our old sinful nature. God has given us the gift of His Spirit to overcome evil. We overcome by walking in His Spirit.

"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: but I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." - 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 KJV

Paul endured humbly many temptations and trials throughout his walk with God. (Acts 20:19). Towards the end of his life, with prophecies of bonds and afflictions awaiting him, not knowing what he faced ahead, he continued to face death so that he might be faithful to the ministry Jesus called him to. (Acts 20:20-24)

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God." - Acts 20:24 KJV

Paul lived his faith in Jesus, as he encourages us to live.

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 15:58

No comments:

Post a Comment