Tuesday, May 11, 2021

The Temple of God (Part Two)


 David desired to build God a house.

"Now it came to pass, as David sat in his house, that David said to Nathan the prophet, Lo, I dwell in an house of cedars, but the ark of the covenant of the LORD remaineth under curtains." - 1 Chronicles 17:1 KJV

"And David said to Solomon, My son, as for me, it was in my mind to build an house unto the name of the LORD my God:" - 1 Chronicles 22:7 KJV

"But God said unto me, Thou shalt not build an house for my name, because thou hast been a man of war, and hast shed blood." - 1 Chronicles 28:3 KJV

"And David said, Solomon my son is young and tender, and the house that is to be builded for the LORD must be exceeding magnifical, of fame and of glory throughout all countries: I will therefore now make preparation for it. So David prepared abundantly before his death." - 1 Chronicles 22:5 KJV

"And it came to pass in the four hundred and eightieth year after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month Zif, which is the second month, that he began to build the house of the LORD." - 1 Kings 6:1 KJV

The temple that Solomon built would be a place of sacrifice. It would be a place where God's presence dwelt. It would be a place of prayer. It was a house called by the name of the LORD. (1 Kings 8:43).

"Thus all the work that Solomon made for the house of the LORD was finished: and Solomon brought in all the things that David his father had dedicated; and the silver, and the gold, and all the instruments, put he among the treasures of the house of God." - 2 Chronicles 5:1 KJV

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment