Thursday, May 13, 2021

The Temple of God (Part Four) The Body of Christ

Jesus revealed His deity to the Jews by speaking of His body being the temple of God.

"For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." - Colossians 2:9 KJV

"Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body." - John 2:19-21 KJV

Jesus was prophesying that when He was crucified (“Destroy this temple”), on the third day, He would raise His body from the grave by the Spirit of God within Him.

"Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again." - John 10:17-18 KJV (Acts 2:24, 32, Acts 3:15).

"But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you." - Romans 8:11 KJV

Just as the glory of God filled the tabernacle in the wilderness, and then filled the temple Solomon built, Jesus is filled with the glory of God.

The glory of the Father, speaking of the Holy Ghost, is in Christ.

"Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." - Romans 6:4 KJV

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." - John 1:1, 14 KJV (John 14:7-10, 2Corinthians 5:19).

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:" - John 17:22 KJV (John 20:22, John 14:20, 1John 3:24).

No comments:

Post a Comment