Friday, July 24, 2020

Why I am baptized in Jesus name - Part 2



Why I am baptized in Jesus name - Part 2

I am baptized in Jesus name because I love Him. (1 John 4:19, Ephesians 3:17-19, 1 Peter 1:8, 1 Corinthians 2:9).

I have turned my back on sin and the world by repentance, forsaking all for Jesus. (1 John 2:15-17, Ephesians 5:25-32).

I made a covenant with Jesus when I was baptized in Jesus name for the remission of sins. (Jeremiah 31:33-34).

When I was baptized, He gave me His name. I am called by His name. (Acts 2:38).

"Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?" - James 2:7 KJV

Because I love Jesus, have turned my back on sin and the world and covenanted with Him, He promised me the gift of His Spirit.

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." - Acts 2:38-39 KJV

Jesus called me to be His and turn my back on sin when I first heard the gospel. I answered His call by repenting of my sins. When I was baptized in His name Jesus, He washed away my sins, placing His name upon me. Jesus chose me, filling me with His Spirit. I am faithful to Him. (Ephesians 1:4, Acts 22:16, Romans 10:13-16).

Because I have been called, chosen, and faithful, I will be in heaven with my beloved.

"I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine:" - Song of Songs 6:3 KJV

"These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful." - Revelation 17:14 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment