Tuesday, February 19, 2019


The Deceitfulness of Pride

We must be so very cautious to not allow pride to creep into our thinking.

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." - Proverbs 16:18 KJV

It was by pride that Lucifer the devil fell into condemnation. He made five statements exalting himself, beginning with the words, “I WILL.”

"For thou hast said in thine heart,

“I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

“Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit." - Isaiah 14:13-15 KJV

If we aren’t careful, we too can fall from pride.

Apostle Paul spoke of pride, when he gave instructions to Timothy on requirements for the office of a bishop.

"Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil." - 1 Timothy 3:6 KJV

("He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil." - 1 Timothy 3:6 NIV)



No comments:

Post a Comment