Tuesday, February 12, 2019



"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." - John 15:4-5

How does Jesus abide in us, and we abide in Him?

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

“For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." - Acts 2:38-39

When we decide to follow Jesus and turn our back on sin, we covenant with Him by water baptism in Jesus name. Our sins are remitted and we receive His gift of His Spirit, which is the Holy Ghost.

"But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life." - Romans 6:22

Jesus is the vine, and we are the branches.

"For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring." - Acts 17:28

With His Spirit in us, we begin bearing the fruit of His Spirit.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23

"That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;" - Colossians 1:10

"Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples." - John 15:8

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." - John 15:16

We also are fruitful by sharing the gospel with others. Through our witness, the Word, and prayer, God gives the increase and new souls are born into the kingdom.

"Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." - 1 Corinthians 3:5-7

"He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." - John 15:5

No comments:

Post a Comment