Saturday, September 10, 2022

Part 5 God's New Covenant

 


Part 5 God’s New Covenant

God's marriage covenant of the Law to His people was a very important reason why He manifested Himself in flesh: He came to die for His wife Israel to release her from her marriage covenant of the Law. (See Parts 1, 3, and 4). His death would release His people from the marriage covenant that brought death (the Law), so they could enter the marriage covenant that brought life (the Gospel). [Romans 7:5-6].

"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." - John 10:10 KJV

At the same time, God manifested Himself in flesh so that He could pay the price for her sins, and for the sins of the world. For He saw that only He could accomplish this. (Isaiah 59:12, 16, 53:1, 52:10, 63:4-5).

John the Baptist recognized Jesus as not only the Lamb of God that would take away the sins of the world, but also as the Husband that had come for His bride. (John 1:29, Isaiah 61:1,10).

"Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him." - John 3:28 KJV

"He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled." - John 3:29 KJV

"He must increase, but I must decrease." - John 3:30 KJV

Apostle Paul also recognized God’s New Covenant marriage.

"For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ." - 2 Corinthians 11:2 KJV [For I am jealous for you with the jealousy of God himself. I promised you as a pure bride[virgin] to one husband—Christ.]

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment