Tuesday, September 6, 2022

God's New Covenant

 



God’s New Covenant

The prophet Jeremiah prophesied of the New Covenant God would bring to His people.

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

“Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

The Old Covenant was the covenant of the Law, given through Moses at Mount Sinai after God brought Israel out of Egypt. At Mount Sinai, God became a husband to the Jewish people when they covenanted to keep all the Laws God gave to them. There were 613 commandments, summarized by the 10 commandments. "And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD." - Exodus 19:8 KJV Shortly thereafter, they broke their covenant when Moses delayed returning from the Mount and Aaron made a golden calf for the people to worship.

“But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

“And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." - Jeremiah 31:31-34 KJV

We find that the New Covenant is the gospel. By the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus, the price was paid for our sin and iniquity. "For this is my blood of the new testament [new covenant], which is shed for many for the remission of sins." - Matthew 26:28 KJV We obey the gospel by repentance, baptism in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins, and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. With the gift of the Holy Ghost, we know Him.

To be continued…



No comments:

Post a Comment