Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Called, Chosen, and Faithful



I am baptized in the name of Jesus because I love Him. (John 14:15).

I have turned my back on the world by repentance, forsaking all for Jesus. (1John 2:15-17).

When I was baptized in His name, I made a marriage covenant with Jesus to love Him with all of my heart, soul, strength, and mind. (Luke 10:27, James 4:4, 2 Corinthians 11:2, Romans 7:4, James 1:27, Titus 2:12).

"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." - Ephesians 5:25-27 [”others take “word/rhema” here as equivalent to 'the gospel'” - Thayer’s]

When I was baptized, the name of Jesus was called upon me. (James 2:7, Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16, Acts 2:21, Acts 9:14, Acts 9:21, Acts 15:17, 1Corinthians 1:2, Galatians 3:27, Romans 10:13-17, 1Corinthians 1:2, Acts 4:12).

Because I love Jesus, have turned my back on the world by repentance, and covenanted with Him by water baptism in His name, Jesus promised me the gift of His Spirit.

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" - Acts 2:38

Jesus called me by the preaching of the gospel by a preacher sent by God. He called me to be His and to turn my back on sin. He washed away my sins, placing His name upon me when I was baptized in His name. Jesus chose me, filling me with His Spirit. I am faithful to Him. (Romans 10:13-17, 1John 4:4, Philippians 4:13).

"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers." - Acts 2:42

"These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful." - Revelation 17:14

Because I have been called, chosen, and faithful, I will be in heaven with my beloved.

"I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine:" - Song of Songs 6:3 

No comments:

Post a Comment