Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Part 22


Part 22 - I am baptized in the name of Jesus to become the temple of God.

Just as the Temple in Jerusalem and the body (Temple) of Jesus were both called by the name of the Lord, we too, as the Temple of God are called by the name of the Lord.

We receive His name, JESUS, when we are baptized in water in the name of Jesus, having the name of Jesus called upon us. (Acts 2:38).

Solomon spoke of the temple of God he built.

"That thine eyes may be open toward this house night and day, even toward the place of which thou hast said, My name shall be there: that thou mayest hearken unto the prayer which thy servant shall make toward this place." - 1 Kings 8:29 

Jesus spoke of being the temple of God.

"Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body." - John 2:19-21

Jesus is called by God's name.

"I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." - John 5:43 

Just as the Temple and the Body of Christ were both filled with the glory of God, we, too, when we receive the Holy Ghost, are filled with the glory of God.

As the temple of God, we have the name of Jesus called upon us and the Spirit of Jesus in us.

"For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people." - 2 Corinthians 6:16 (Also: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, 1 Corinthians 3:16-17).


No comments:

Post a Comment