Sunday, January 23, 2022

One with God


 In the garden, Adam had communion with God. When sin entered into the picture, that communion was lost.

God gave man a promise when that happened. He would robe Himself in flesh (the Son) as our Redeemer and Savior.  

"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." - Genesis 3:15 KJV

"But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, to redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father." - Galatians 4:4-6 KJV

With the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus, we have the opportunity for communion once again with God. (Acts 2:38).

We find this communion when we become a son of God by repenting of our sins, being baptized in His name Jesus for the remission of our sins, and by receiving the gift of His Holy Ghost, which is His Spirit.

By the Spirit of God we become one with God.

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." - John 17:11 KJV

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us..." - John 17:20-21 KJV

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one..." - John 17:22-23 KJV

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." - 1 Corinthians 2:12 KJV

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ." - 1 Corinthians 2:16 KJV (1Corinthians 2:6-16).

No comments:

Post a Comment