Monday, September 20, 2021

I believe in one God - His name is Jesus - the First and the Last

In the Old Testament, God declared He is the first and the last. He made it clear that beside Him there is no God; there is only one God. (Deuteronomy 6:4).

"Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." - Isaiah 44:6 KJV ["This is what the LORD says--Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD of Heaven's Armies: "I am the First and the Last; there is no other God." - Isaiah 44:6]

"Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." - Isaiah 48:12 KJV

In the New Testament, God robed Himself in flesh to bring His new covenant of mercy through the gospel. Jesus died for our sins, was buried, but on the third day, He rose again, alive for evermore. Again, He declared He is the first and the last. (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Acts 2:38-39).

"And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death." - Revelation 1:17-18 KJV

"And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;" - Revelation 2:8 KJV

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last...I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." - Revelation 22:13, 16 KJV

There is only one God. His name is Jesus. He is the first and the last. The image of the invisible God. (Colossians 1:15).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment