Wednesday, March 3, 2021

There is only One God - His name is Jesus


 Jesus answered Philip,

"He that hath seen me hath seen the Father… the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." - John 14:9-10 KJV

Jesus is the name of the Father.

"I am come in my Father's name…" - John 5:43 KJV

"In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: who is the image of the invisible God…" - Colossians 1:14-15 KJV

"To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself…" - 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV

Our Father robed Himself in flesh, born a baby without sin, to be the sacrifice for our sins.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." - Matthew 1:21 KJV

When we repent of our sins, and we are baptized in His name Jesus for the remission of our sins, Jesus promises the gift of His Spirit. (Acts 2:38).

Jesus explained to His disciples, He had been with them, but would be in them. He would soon fill them with His Spirit.

"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." - John 14:18 KJV

After the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus, and after He ascended up to heaven, He kept His promise. Jesus filled His disciples with His Spirit on the Day of Pentecost.

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." - Acts 2:4 KJV

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." - Acts 2:38 KJV

Jesus keeps His promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment