Sunday, February 25, 2018


Now what?

Jesus has called us, we have turned our back on sin, and have covenanted with Jesus by baptism in His name. He has gloriously filled us with His Spirit. Now what?

We are to be fruitful and multiply. We are partners with God, bringing souls into His kingdom.

"Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." - John 3:5

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." - Mark 16:15

"Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples." - John 15:8

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." - John 15:16

"Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God." - Romans 7:4

"For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." - 1 Corinthians 4:15

The church baptizes souls in Jesus name so they are born of water; Jesus baptizes souls with His Spirit so they are born of the Spirit; by the mother and the Father, souls are born into the kingdom.

"For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building." - 1 Corinthians 3:9

"We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain." - 2 Corinthians 6:1

"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." - 1 Corinthians 15:10

"And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith." - Acts 6:7

"But the word of God grew and multiplied." - Acts 12:24

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost...

“Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers...

“And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved." - Acts 2:38, 41-42, 47

No comments:

Post a Comment