Sunday, September 17, 2017


Why I am baptized in Jesus name - Part 3 
I am baptized in Jesus name so that I am born again.
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." - John 3:3 KJV
Jesus said to be born again, I must be born of water. Jesus was not talking about the water that comes out in a natural birth, He was talking about the water in a spiritual birth. Jesus said, we must be born AGAIN.
"Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?" - John 3:4 KJV
Jesus answered Nicodemus,
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again." - John 3:6-7 KJV
I must be born of water in order to enter into the kingdom of God.
"Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." - John 3:5 KJV
How am I born of water?
I am born of water when I am water baptized in Jesus name.
Water baptism in Jesus name is what Peter preached on the Day of Pentecost when the church first began.
Jesus had given Peter the keys to the kingdom.
"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." - Matthew 16:18-19 KJV
Peter preached the keys to the kingdom on the Day of Pentecost. Peter preached how to be born of the water and of the Spirit and the door was opened to the kingdom.
"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." - Acts 2:38 KJV
That day, those that heard the word were born again of the water and of the Spirit.
"Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls." - Acts 2:41 KJV
On the Day of Pentecost, there were about three thousand souls plus the one hundred and twenty in the upper room that were born again of water and of the Spirit. How? They were all baptized in water in Jesus name and all filled with His Spirit, speaking in tongues as the Spirit gave them the utterance. (Acts 2:4)
"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers... Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved." - Acts 2:42, 47 KJV



No comments:

Post a Comment