Sunday, September 17, 2017


Why I am baptized in Jesus name - Part 2
I am baptized in Jesus name because I love Him.
"If ye love me, keep my commandments." - John 14:15 KJV
I have turned my back on the world, forsaking all for Jesus.
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world…" - 1 John 2:15 KJV
I have made a covenant with Jesus to love Him with all of my heart, soul, strength, and mind.
"And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind..." - Luke 10:27 KJV
I turned my back on the world by repentance. I made a covenant with Jesus when I was baptized in Jesus name.
When I was baptized, He gave me His name. I am called by His name.
"Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?" - James 2:7 KJV
Because I love Jesus, have turned my back on the world and covenanted with Him, He promised me the gift of His Spirit. (Acts 2:38-39)
When Jesus gave me His name in baptism, He gave me authority.
"Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases." - Luke 9:1 KJV
"And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven." - Luke 10:17-20 KJV
Jesus called me to be His and turn my back on sin. I was baptized in Jesus name and He washed away my sins, placing His name upon me. I am faithful to Him. My name is written in heaven.
"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." - Acts 2:38-39 KJV
This is how He called me. I responded, and was baptized in Jesus name.
"And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls." - Acts 2:40-41 KJV
Jesus chose me, filling me with His Spirit. I am faithful to Him.
"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers." - Acts 2:42 KJV
Because I have been called, chosen, and faithful, I will be in heaven with my beloved.
"These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful." - Revelation 17:14 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment