Wednesday, September 6, 2023

"I AM"



Jesus declared numerous times that He is I AM. 

"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." - John 8:58 KJV

The Jews knew Jesus was saying He is God.

"And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you." - Exodus 3:14 KJV

This is why the Jews took up stones to cast at Jesus for blasphemy. 

People ask, How can Jesus be God when He is clearly a man?

God manifested Himself as a man so that He could pay the price of blood for our sins, reconciling us back to Himself. (1 Timothy 3:16, Colossians 1:15, John 14:7-11, Collosians 2:9).

"To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself... " 2 Corinthians 5:19a KJV

This is why it is necessary not only to believe and obey the gospel, but also to believe that Jesus is God - our Heavenly Father revealed in flesh. 

For only God is without sin. If Jesus was not God, He would not be without sin and could not pay the price of our sins for us. 

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world." - John 8:23 KJV

"I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins." - John 8:24 KJV

"Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning." - John 8:25 KJV

In the King James Version, the word "he" in "I am he" is italisized. This means the translators added this italisized word because they thought it would make the sentence clearer. Other translations make a notation connecting when Jesus said "I am" to the "I AM"  in Exodus 3:14.


No comments:

Post a Comment