Saturday, June 12, 2021

The Rest and Refreshing of the Promised Holy Ghost


"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30 KJV

Isaiah prophesied of the rest in the Holy Ghost.

"For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing..." - Isaiah 28:11-12 KJV

The Holy Ghost is our refreshing.

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;" - Acts 3:19 KJV

When we receive the Holy Ghost, we speak in tongues as the Spirit gives us utterance.

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." - Acts 2:4 KJV

Jesus promises us rest when we come to Him and take His yoke upon us. His yoke is the Gospel. (See part 1).

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." - Matthew 11:28-29 KJV

Peter preached the Gospel on the Day of Pentecost. The yoke of the Gospel is what Jesus calls us to take upon us. (See part 1; Revelation 17:14).

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." - Acts 2:38-39 KJV

"And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious." - Isaiah 11:10 KJV

Receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost is glorious! (2Corinthians 3:8, Romans 6:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment