Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Is it important to believe that Jesus is the Father revealed in flesh?


Jesus said, “for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins."

Yes, it is important to believe that Jesus is the Father ("I AM") revealed in flesh. (John 14:6-11, John 8:58).

This is what the Bible says:

The Pharisees said to Jesus,

"Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also." - John 8:19 KJV

"I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins." - John 8:24 KJV

In the verse above, “for if ye believe not that I am he” the “he” is italicized. This means that the translators added the word in because they thought it made a better translation. The verse is actually saying, “for if ye believe not that I am, ye shall die in your sins.”

One translation says, “I AM” (all capital letters). Another translation has a notation, “Most authorities associate this with Ex 3:14, I AM WHO I AM.”

Exodus 3:14 is:

"And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you." - Exodus 3:14 KJV

Thus, Jesus is telling the Pharisees that He is the Father, known to Moses and the children of Israel as “I AM,” and if they don't believe this, they shall die in their sins.


No comments:

Post a Comment