Saturday, May 5, 2018



“Spring up old well, within my soul, spring up old well and overflow, spring up old well, flow out through me, spring up old well, and set me free.”

"And from thence they went to Beer: that is the well whereof the LORD spake unto Moses, Gather the people together, and I will give them water. Then Israel sang this song, Spring up, O well; sing ye unto it:" - Numbers 21:16-17 KJV

The LORD said of the well to Moses, I will give them water. Jesus told the woman at the well, I will give them water.

"Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. ... Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: but whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." - John 4:10, 13-14 KJV

The Bible speaks of the rock in the wilderness. That Rock was Christ.

"Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; ... And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ." - 1 Corinthians 10:1, 4 KJV

"Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink. ... And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also. And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them." - Numbers 20:8, 11-12 KJV

This account of Moses striking the rock to make the water come out instead of believing and speaking to the rock, as God commanded, is what Jesus was referring to when He stood and cried on the last day of the feast. This was the last day of the feast of tabernacles, during the water drawing ceremony which commemorated the giving of water from the rock in the wilderness. Jesus, being the Rock, pours out His Spirit – “living water” – to those that believe and “honor Him as holy” – believing that Jesus is God revealed in flesh.

"In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)" - John 7:37-39 KJV

On the Day of Pentecost, after Jesus was glorified, He poured out His Spirit on the believers that were gathered in the upper room.

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." - Acts 2:4 KJV

The LORD had become our salvation. The believers recognized that Jesus was the Holy One of Israel in their midst. With joy they drew water from the wells of salvation – Jesus had begun to pour out His Spirit!

"Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; 'For YAH, the LORD, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.' "["Behold, God is my salvation. I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD, the LORD, is my strength and song; and he has become my yeshu`ah." - Isaiah 12:2 HNV (“Yeshu’ah” is the Hebrew word for “Jesus”. It means “LORD-Salvation”)]

"Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted. Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth. Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee." - Isaiah 12:3-6 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment