Monday, June 3, 2024

I AM


 "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. 

“Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 

“Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. 

“Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by." - John 8:56-59 

When Jesus said, "Before Abraham was, I AM, He was referring to Exodus 3:14:

"And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

The Jews took up stones to cast at Jesus because He was saying He is God.

Jesus told them earlier in John 8:24 - "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins."

We see here that to be saved we must repent of our sins, be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of our sins, and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, believing that Jesus is God, the only One without sin that could pay the price of our sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment