Sunday, February 11, 2024

Our Father


God is our Father.

"Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? - Malachi 2:10a 

"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand." - Isaiah 64:8 

Isaiah prophesied that our Father would come to dwell among His people.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6 

Our Father would bring His kingdom on earth.

"Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this." - Isaiah 9:7 

He would come in His name of salvation – Jesus. (“LORD our salvation”). He would be born the son of David.

"And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. ... And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end." - Luke 1:31, 33 

"And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest." - Matthew 21:9 

Jesus revealed to His disciples that He is the Father.

"If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him." - John 14:7 

"Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us." - John 14:8 

"Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?" - John 14:9

"Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." - John 14:10 

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment