Monday, December 11, 2023

Bethlehem


Bethlehem

The Bible records that Jesus was born in Bethlehem.

"And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of theity of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:) to be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child. And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered." - Luke 2:4-5 KJV

The birth of Jesus in Bethlehem fulfills the prophecy of Christ being born in Bethlehem.

"Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?" - John 7:42 KJV

The scripture that says Christ comes out of the town of Bethlehem is found in Micah.

"But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting." - Micah 5:2 KJV

As Micah prophesied of Christ, “Whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting." - Micah 5:2.  EVERLASTING

Jesus said, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." - John 8:58 EVERLASTING

Jesus also said, "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he [I AM], ye shall die in your sins." - John 8:24 

Who is I AM? God 

"And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you." - Exodus 3:14 KJV

"Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he [I AM], and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things." - John 8:28 KJV

Jesus told His disciples, “He that hath seen me hath seen the Father…” John 14:9. (See also: Isaiah 48:12, Isaiah 43:10).

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6 KJV (Jesus).

No comments:

Post a Comment