Friday, December 8, 2023

A Child is Born


Isaiah 9:6 - "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

This child is JESUS.

Matthew 1:18 - "Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost."

Matthew 1:21 - "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."

Kingdom, like government, includes the meaning of “rule, dominion.’ “Laid on Him as for a load for Him to bear” (Gesenius’ Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon)

John 3:5 - "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

Mark 1:15 - "And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel."

Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon: …wonderful counsellor (of Messianic king);

Thayer’s Greek Lexicon: comforter: 1. "one who pleads another's cause before a judge, a pleader, counsel for defense, legal assistant; an advocate": (against the accuser).

John 14:18  - "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." 

John 14:26 - "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." 

Colossians 2:9-10 - "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." [Godhead = deity] And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:"

John 14:7-11 - "If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him….Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?...the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.”

Colossians 1:20 - "And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment