Friday, January 6, 2023

Hear - Led by His Spirit



Jesus wants us to hear Him.

The first and great commandment in the Law begins with “Hear.” (Mark 12:29).

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:" - Deuteronomy 6:4

The Lord spoke to Samuel.

"And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the LORD had called the child." - 1 Samuel 3:8

"And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth." - 1 Samuel 3:10

Jesus repeatedly would say, "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear." (Mark 4:9).

Jesus wants those that He is calling to hear, and those that have answered His call and are living for Him to hear.

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" - John 10:27

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." - Romans 8:14

Philip was led by the Spirit to witness to the Ethiopian Eunuch that was traveling in the desert from Jerusalem.

"Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot." - Acts 8:29

Philip listened to Jesus and was used to bring salvation to the Eunuch.

"And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him." - Acts 8:38

Peter was led by the Spirit.

"While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee… And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:" - Acts 10:19, Acts 11:12

Peter listened to Jesus and was used to bring salvation to the Gentiles.

"While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. ... And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord." - Acts 10:44, 48

Jesus tells us,

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." - Revelation 3:20

 

No comments:

Post a Comment