Wednesday, October 28, 2020

I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes


David the psalmist, shepherd, giant killer, king of Israel and man of God wrote, "I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes:" (Psalm 101:3).

We must guard our eyes by what we choose to look at, for through our eyes the world has access to our mind.

The rest of the verse is: “I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.” Another translation, “I hate the work of those who fall away; It shall not fasten its grip on me.” And another, “I hate doing evil; I will have no part of it.”

Those that we keep company with can affect us. If we choose the company of “those that fall away,” getting involved with ungodly activities can wreck our walk with God. The psalmist writes, “I hate what faithless people do; I will have no part in it.” “It shall not fasten its grip on me.” 

Ultimately, we cannot blame our actions on anyone else. We make the choices of what we will look at, what we will think, where we will go, and what we will do.

"But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death." - James 1:14-15 KJV

What we set before our eyes can also stir up the lust of the flesh. With any temptation, whether it be a thought, what you look at, or what you listen to, it is vitally important to make an immediate U-turn from what is ungodly to spare us from a downfall. Jesus is faithful to us. We must stay faithful to Jesus. 

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." - 1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." - 1 John 2:16-17 KJV


No comments:

Post a Comment