Thursday, April 18, 2024

"Thy Will Be Done"


When we repent, we turn from self-will, to God’s will – “Thy will be done.” This is the first and biggest step in our living for God.

Jesus was our supreme example. As God, He knew what was ahead when He was praying in the garden. It was probably the greatest temptation a human would face.

 Our Heavenly Father robed (manifested) Himself in flesh to suffer and die in our place for our sins. There was no man that was without sin to pay the price. Only our Holy Heavenly Father could pay our debt of sin. (1 Timothy 3:16, John 8:24).

When we are full of the Holy Ghost, in times of temptation, we have the battle with our flesh to do God’s will. Christ – fully man and fully God - had the same battle. The victory is through prayer, and laying down our will – the will of our flesh - and choosing God’s will – "Thy will be done.” Just as Christ surrendered the will of his flesh, we must surrender the will of our flesh. 

"Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour." - John 12:27 

"And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done." - Luke 22:41-42 

"And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground." - Luke 22:44 

"And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow, and said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation." - Luke 22:45-46 

"Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels? But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?" - Matthew 26:53-54 

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 7:21 

"And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." - 1 John 2:17 

No comments:

Post a Comment