Friday, January 5, 2024

My strength is made perfect in weakness


Jesus spoke to Paul.

"And he said unto me, 

My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. 

Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9 KJV

It is in situations where we are at our weakest, that Jesus works the miraculous. Look at Gideon and the great victory God wrought against the enemy with such a small army. (Judges 7).

Paul happily decided he would boast about his weaknesses, so that the power of Christ could be upon his life.

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities [weaknesses], in reproaches [insults], in necessities [hardships], in persecutions, in distresses [troubles that I suffer] for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:10 KJV 

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer [allow] you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." - 1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13 KJV

"But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you." - Matthew 10:19-20 KJV

"He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: but they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." - Isaiah 40:29-31 KJV

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." - Acts 2:38-39 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment