Saturday, July 2, 2016

Why Should I Go to Church Part 2

When I have repented, been baptized in Jesus name and filled with His Spirit (Acts 2:38), I have become a member of the body of Christ. By repentance and baptism in Jesus name, I have made peace with God. (Colossians 1:19-23, Ephesians 4:32, Hebrews 12:14-15)

It is important that I come together with the other members of His body to hear the preaching of the word, as well as teaching and counsel. When I come together with the rest of the body, it is a time to also sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with a thankful heart!

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." - Colossians 3:15-16 KJV



No comments:

Post a Comment